I’m going to continue to steal matériel from Rails and apply it to Wicket. They don’t know this yet, but we’re all on the same anti-enterprise-windbag team. It’s all about making things better for programmers, and not burying good ideas in a sea of what-ifs.
- Risk must be mitigated, it can never be eliminated
- Don’t let fear paralyze you
- If you can’t be with the one you love: you’re selling yourself short. Quit.
- But that’s risky! Yes! :) Embrace risk. Risk/Reward.
- Opposite of risk is not safety, it’s stagnation
That last one is a good summary of how people get fired for buying IBM.